Rhinoplasty also called the nose job surgeries one of the most popular surgery. People who want to change their appearance of the nose, or who want to treat their breathing problems should consider rhinoplasty surgeries. If you are one of them, you may wonder steps of rhinoplasty. In this post, you can find step by step rhinoplasty surgery.
- Anesthesia is the first step of rhinoplasty surgeries like other surgeries. Your surgeon will decide which—sedation or general—anesthesia is the best for you.
- The incision is the second step of rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty can be an open or closed procedure. If you are getting open rhinoplasty, your incision will make across the columella, which is the narrow strip of tissue that separates the nostrils. If you are getting a closed procedure, your incision will hide inside the nose.
- The third step of the rhinoplasty is reshaping the nose structure. If you have a large nose, your surgeon will reduce it by removing bone or cartilage. Most commonly, cartilage from the septum, the partition in the middle of the nose, is used for this purpose.
- You are closing the last step of the rhinoplasty surgery. Now surgeons will correct a deviated septum. If the septum has deviated, it can straighten, and the projections inside the nose reduced to improve breathing.
- You are in the final step of the rhinoplasty. In this step, surgeons will close incisions. The nasal skin is redraped, and incisions are closed when the underlying structure of the nose is sculpted to the desired shape.
These are the steps of the rhinoplasty, and now you know what you will expect from the rhinoplasty. If you have any questions about the steps of the nose job procedures, or if you already decided to undergo rhinoplasty surgery, you can contact us by filling out the form.