Rhinoplasty, or known as the nose job, is one of the most common cosmetic procedures. Many people may see rhinoplasty as a simple procedure, but it may not. Rhinoplasty can lead to swelling and bruising on your face. But, the real question is how to reduce swelling on your face?
Swelling and bruising are parts of the healing process. They can be seen right after the nose job procedure. You will experience that much of the swelling will subside in the first two weeks. After two weeks, swelling can be noticeable, but it isn’t an obstacle returning to your activities like school and work.
Tips for reducing swelling
Postoperative care is the most important thing for many cosmetic surgeries. The success rate of the many cosmetic surgeries may depend on postoperative care. For this, there are many things that you can do to reduce pain and swelling after rhinoplasty.
- The most important part of postoperative care is the instructions that will be given by your surgeon. You should follow carefully the instructions to reduce pain and swelling and to get the best result.
- You should avoid blood-thinning medications before and during the healing process.
- Ice can be helpful to reduce swelling on your face. However, you should use ice therapy only the first week after the surgery.
- Keeping your head elevated can also reduce swelling.
- The last thing you should do is avoiding smoke. Avoiding smoke will reduce pain, and it will give you a chance that living a healthy life not only in the recovery process but also in your whole life.